Supporting Rahul with his lunch support

Supporting Rahul with his lunch support

The team at HLF have been amazed by the generosity spirit from Rahul, Rabindra’s dear friend who lives in Lumbini.  Rahul’s only source of income is through begging. Through saving what he can, he has been offering an annual free lunch for the lamas and the homeless...
HLF Zoom meetings

HLF Zoom meetings

The HLF team are making the most of technology and weekly Zoom meetings are being held between the Kiwi and Nepali team.  We have been able to ‘visit’ the Bhaktapur community to see the new sanitation installation and catch up with the ataahua-beautiful community. The...
A Covid Christmas

A Covid Christmas

The community had a lovely Christmas celebration after a tough year with not only Covid pressures, but the loss of Rhutama (pictured to the right), the ataahua / beautiful matriarch of the community. I still haven’t come to terms with this loss but I’m sure I will...
Srijana & Amir

Srijana & Amir

We would like to introduce you to some of the wonderful people living in the Bhaktapur community. This month please meet… Srijana (10) & Amir Tamang (8) Their family was badly devastated by the earthquake in 2015 and they were left homeless and scared. Since...
Christmas in Nepal

Christmas in Nepal

As Nepal is such a multi-cultural and multi-religious country, Christmas is celebrated within some communities, such as the Christian community at Bhaktapur however in Buddhist and Hindu communities there is no celebration of this holiday. The Thamdanda community will...
Watch this space!

Watch this space!

The Women Empowerment Project has some exciting news coming in the New Year! Follow our facebook page to hear it first!